Monday, March 29, 2004

Novel - Rough Draft

(writing sex scenes in a fantasy setting is difficult at best. It is very hard to try and find words to use that don't sound hokey or straight out of a gothic romance. My approach was to try and be direct. Do you think it worked?)

Blessings,
~The Dark Diva


“Mara, are you up there?” Those words broke me out of my ruminations over my cats new name. I looked over the edge of the hayloft and there she stood. Sophie. The Red Warrior who was beautiful and unattainable. The only person who had ever made my blood surge strong, made me feel weak and warm and…I barely knew her. Sophie, the woman who has seen me embarrassed not once, but twice. How I wish I could hate her. Why was I feeling like this?

She climbed the ladder to the loft. “There you are,” she said softly. “I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings.” She looked down and noticed Dru in my lap. They stared at each other for a long moment, green eyes meeting. Then, with a cat shrug, Dru stretched, lept off my lap and, with a parting rub against my knee, left the loft.

Sophie inched closer until she was sitting right next to me. “I didn’t mean to.” She said.

I was lost for a moment and replied, “Uh…didn’t mean to what?” Oh, I sounded like a dolt.

“I didn’t mean to laugh at you or embarrass you, back there, at the council house.” Sophie took my cold hand in hers. “It’s just that if you wanted to woo me, you were going about it all wrong. Playing the gallant may work on some women, but here in Gledden, women value different things in a lover.” She said the last word softly.

I was distressed. Here was a woman who was beautiful in every way I could think of, we were alone and unlikely to be disturbed. But I only knew in an abstract and disgusted sort of way of how men and women came together. How do two women come together? And what about her lover who swept her away last time with warnings for me to beware upon her lips? I was confused.

Sophie must have felt some of my mixed feelings. She released my hand, stopped for a moment and looked into my eyes. I don’t know what she saw there, but it made her sigh and smile. I turned my head away.

“You’re still a child in so many ways, yet so much older that your years in others,” Sophie said with a sad little smile. “Here I was, hoping to come up here and seduce you for a little fun and I see that you haven’t a notion what to do. Poor thing.”

With those words she turned my face back towards hers with her strong, rough hand under my chin. Her face was mere inches from my own. The air grew hot and moist. I began to sweat and shiver. Her full lips softly pressed against mine. I wanted to die right there. Nothing had ever felt so good. Never taking her lips away, Sophie scooted closer and gently pushed me until I was lying down in the straw. She lay down with me and, side by side, we continued to kiss for what seemed eternity. She taught me how to kiss. She teased and cajoled with her lips until my lips opened under her tender onslaught.

Wrapping her arms around me, she pulled me closer still until our bodies were lying alongside one another. Her tongue gently licked my lips until I parted them slightly. She took possession of my mouth by sliding her tongue in. She began searching my mouth, mapping its’ surfaces with her tongue.

My body grew tighter and there was a warm ache between my thighs. She continued kissing me, stroking my mouth with her tongue. I tentatively licked her lips and our tongues met. Sophie’s breathing grew harsher then as our tongues teased each other. I was in a whirlwind of bliss. I never knew that something like this would feel so good. Actually, I never knew something like this existed. Do all women do this with each other and I, never having much use for women, missed out on all of it?

When she thrust her thigh between my legs I felt like I would die with the pleasurable pressure it was causing.

Then she stopped. I raised my head to see what was the matter. Sophie looked at me and then looked down. I followed her gaze. Sitting at our feet was Dru. She looked angry.

“I’m sorry Mara, my sweet.” Sophie said in a shaking voice. She untangled herself from me and sat up, adjusting the clothing that had gotten mussed. “I just wanted…oh damn…I just wanted to have some fun. Then I saw that you were still innocent to a certain extent. So I decided to initiate you. It was wrong of me, to take advantage. Can you forgive me?” Her head hung in shame, strands of fire red hair partially obscuring her expression from me. Suddenly I was shy.

“I liked it. I really did.” I said, not knowing what else to say. The ache between my legs slowly diminishing only to be replaced by a sudden urge to urinate.

“Good,” Sophie replied, getting to her feet and brushing herself free of hay. She reached down a hand to pull me up. “I enjoyed kissing you too. You make me feel young and free. I hope that I will get more opportunities to kiss you. When you’re ready.” she added.

I was going to say I was ready now but decided to remain quiet. I had been doing a lot of that, remaining silent. It took me a moment more to realize that Sophie had driven all thoughts of Derek out of my head. Where I had once felt dirty, I now felt clean.

She kissed me once more, her arms around me, holding me gently. I returned her kiss with a new found joyous intensity of my own.

Dru bumped into our legs with her majestic head. “Fine, I get the hint,” Sophie said, looking down at Dru with frustration.

Sophie then looked back at me and asked, “Have you named her yet?”

“Yes,” I replied. “Her name is Lady Druada, Dru for short.”

“Lady, is it?” Sophie asked. “Blessed Fellra, we’ll never be able to live with her now. Not that she was easy to live with before.”

With that odd remark, Sophie scaled the ladder to the ground in moments. She turned, gave me a jaunty salute, and strode out of the stables.

I turned and looked at Dru, who was sitting and washing her face. “Now what was that all about?” I questioned the cat. She just looked at me and smiled. “Well, you just go on being mysterious then.” I replied. “I have to pee.” With that I climbed down the ladder and strode into the darkness behind the stables, searching for a spot to go, not wanting to return to the council house and my room to use a chamber pot. Dru followed me out into the cool night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home